Local practices no longer have an in-house counsellor but the GP can refer you to appropriate local services (Talking Changes) for mental health support.

Counselling can help you deal with the problems and difficulties you are experiencing in your life. You may be living with feelings or thoughts that are causing concern or interfering with everyday life. You may have a problem that is worrying you and feel unable to talk about it to friends or family. Some people come because they are having trouble coping with the loss of a friend or relative. There are many reasons for seeing a counsellor and your doctor will only suggest counselling if they think that it may help you.

If you require further information about Counselling you can contact them at:

British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
15 St John’s Business Park
LE17 4HB
Tel. 01455 883 300




Useful Phone Numbers

Relate 0300 100 1234.

The Samaritans (0191) 3842727

Victim Support 01388 660580

Cruse (Bereavement) 01325 288 633

Citizens Advice Bureau (0191) 3842638


Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website